Heading out of town for a few weeks or months can be stressful on your bank account if you can’t train continue to train your clients. Check out the article on how to train clients while traveling or on vacation.
🎶 On the road again 🎶
So you have to leave your home for a few weeks or months? On the surface, a trip out of town sounds great! The only problem is - 100% of your income flows from training your clients in-person. To quote the infamous Scooby Doo, “Ruh-Roh”.
How are you going to still make money while not being able to train your clients? The answer is simple - online training!
Even if you don’t want to continue training online after your trip (although, most trainers end up sticking around even after the trip ends), it’s still the only option you’ll have to make money while away.
So how can you accomplish this without having to stop every 5 minutes on vacation to help your clients? With platforms like WeStrive, it can be broken down into 3 simple steps.
Check out our article here on how to build beautiful programs for your online clients & how to get started online.
We’ll cover the following in this article on 3 Steps to properly Train personal training clients online while traveling:
- Weekly Check-ins
- Automated Reminders
- Let your clients know what’s happening ahead of time: Don't just leave them clueless. Let them know you're going to moving on the road and what to expect while you're traveling.
- Highlight the offering: Are you going to be offering an extra weekly call with them? Adding nutrition? Whatever the offering contains, be sure to let them know.
- Possibly change/update pricing: You can't charge $1000 for in person training for a month and then also charge a month of online training for $1000. You'll need to mix up the pricing a bit.
- Build plans in advance: Use a tool like WeStrive to build out your fitness plans so you're ready to go before you have to travel.
- Schedule programs in advance: Again, use a platform like WeStrive so that you not only have the plans, but they are scheduled potentially months in advanced for you.
We recommend having weekly or bi-weekly (every two weeks… even though this word also means twice a week… very annoying) check-ins with your clients. With those meetings:
- Similar to preparation, let your clients know ahead of time there will be weekly check-ins
- Figure out how these will take place (Zoom?)
- Figure out what you want out of these (Measurements? Photos?)
- Set specific times in advance so you don't have to stress about it on the road and your clients can plan ahead as well
Automating your client's tasks ahead of time can change your life! No more constantly asking for progress photo updates.
With WeStrive, you can schedule the following ahead of time and on a recurring basis for your entire trip:
- Progress photos
So, for example, you could schedule a message to go out saying, "Hey, have an amazing Tuesday!" and then along with that you could have progress photo requests and weigh-ins. Every Tuesday our app will just automate that process for you
So there you have it! If you're taking a trip, you're going to want to prepare ahead of time, setup weekly check-ins with your clients, and try to automate as much as you possibly can!
I guess the question now is, are you ready to train online while traveling? Get started for free with WeStrive at Train.westriveapp.com/signup
Make sure you're setup for online training with these articles:
- How to price your online training
- Easy Websites & Apps to make your training business better
- How to make reliable & quality client questionnaires
- How to write a memorable and professional fitness bio
About the Author:
Cory McKane is the CEO/Founder of WeStrive - a platform for personal trainers to manage & grow their personal training business. He enjoys working out and spending time working with trainers on WeStrive on how to manage/grow their business.