The WeStrive Team reached out to six of our amazing certified trainers and asked each of them to provide at-home workouts that don’t require equipment. Make sure you warm-up properly before each workout and enjoy!
In Texas we had a pretty bad snow storm this week. I realized, just like with COVID, how many people were at home with no power & no workout equipment. This made me realize that we definitely need to have more at-home/equipment-free workouts available here on our blog.
The WeStrive Team reached out to six of our amazing certified trainers (that all train on WeStrive) and asked each of them to provide at-home workouts that don’t require equipment. Each exercise comes with a video link. If you train with your trainer on the WeStrive App, the photos & videos will come along with each program they send you.
Make sure you warm-up properly before each workout and enjoy!
Here are the six certified personal trainers that provided these amazing workouts! If you want custom programs made by them - just for you - on the WeStrive App, then send them a DM over their Instagram profiles (links attached to their names).
Now, without further adieu (I had to Google how to spell that & wow was I totally wrong!), here is the first workout you can do at home with absolutely nothing but your own bodyweight!
1) Michael Atunrase Program
Superset 1 (3 Sets - 60 sec rest between each set)
Superset 2 (3 Sets - 60 sec rest between each set)
Finisher (3 rounds - 60 sec rest between each circuit)
2) Carly Maxwell Program
3 Rounds for each Circuit. Work for 30 seconds then rest 15 seconds between exercises. Just keep going through the circuit. For example, you might do 1 Plank jack, 2 deadbugs, 3 bicycle crunches per side, 1 plank jacks, and then just 1 deadbugs within the 30 seconds.
Rest 1 minute after each round and between circuits.
- 1 Single Leg Deadlift (each Leg)
- 2 glute bridges + Heel taps
- 3 Supermans (alternating opposite hands/legs)
3) Amanda Kay Program
Have a timer going like the Interval Timer App!
Warm-up: 2-3 Rounds. Perform 15-20 seconds of each warm-up exercise
- Lateral Shuffle
- Toe box taps or stair taps
- Arm circles (10 sec, then 10sec opp rotation)
Superset exercise A with exercise B without rest between. Then rest 45sec-1min between sets. Do 2-3 sets for each of the following:
- A--Push-up x 12-20 (Incline with a countertop or wall as a regression)
- B--Alternating Supermans x12-20 total reps
- A--YTAs x15-21 total reps (each position= 1 rep)
- B--Plank Shoulder Taps x12-20 taps
- A--Towel Bicep curl x12-20
- B--Chair dips x12-20
- A--Pulse Squat x12-20
- B--Alt Reverse Lunges x12-20 total reps
30-45sec hold for each
4) Cory Becker Program
Any exercise can be swapped out if the person can’t perform.
This is a 10 x 10 pyramid with 30 seconds of work and rest intervals, starting with one exercise and working to 10 exercises, 30 seconds each straight through.
Exercises in numbered order:
- Bodyweight Squat
- Side lunge alternating
- Jumping jacks
- Scissor kicks
- Mountain climbers
You will do 30 seconds of each exercise, adding an exercise after each rest period to look like:
Bodyweight squats for 30 seconds - 30 second rest
Bodyweight squats for 30 seconds, burpees for 30 seconds - 30 sec rest
Bodyweight squats for 30 seconds, burpees for 30 seconds, crunches for 30 seconds - rest
This should be about a 31 min workout.
5) Maureen Wells
3 rounds of each circuit. The first circuit will cover Legs, the second will cover Upper body, and the third circuit will cover your core.
10-15 reps for the first 3 exercises of each set. 30-45 seconds for the last exercise of each set.
- Slow Squats with pause. 3 seconds to go into squat, 1-2 second pause at the bottom, 3 seconds on the way up. (add a jump at the top if you're advanced)
- Side lunges with a front kick. After every side lunge, add a front kick. 10-15 each leg
- Split Squats. 10-15 per side
- Lateral Monster Walks. Stay low in quads
- Push-ups to Alt T Raise. Do on knees if needed
- Superman Jacks w pause. Lower onto belly, stretch arms and squeeze shoulder blades down & back. Hold for 2 second pause.
- Chair Dips: On the floor or chair. Knees bent to modify.
- High to low Plank: Modify with plank hold
- Tabletop Crunches: knees up and bent at 90 degrees
- Oblique crunches: Knees twisted to the side. 10-15 reps each side
- Reverse crunches
- Bicycle crunches
6) Amy Zarzo Program
This workout should take 15-25 minutes. Do 3-5 sets of this giant circuit. Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, take a 15 second break, and then move to the next exercise.
- Kneeling to squat jump
- Plank Jacks
- High Knees in place
- Reverse lunge to knee drive - Left side
- Reverse lunge to knee drive - Right side
- Plank Shoulder Taps
- Sumo Squat Jumps
- Chair Dips
- Mountain Climbers
There you have it! If you have any questions about the programs, feel free and reach out to the trainers through their Instagram profiles or email us at Help@westriveapp.com
Be sure to warm-up before each exercise. Be safe and don't forget to keep striving!