1. The stein must be gripped by the handle
2. The thumb may not rest on top of the stein handle; it must rest on the other fingers.
3. The stein may not be gripped sideways.
4. Limited arching of the back is tolerable, however only minimal leaning is acceptable.
5. In the vertical plane, the competitor's elbow must never cross behind the front of the hips or the front of the ankle of either foot.
6. Leaning to the left or right side is not allowed
7. The stein must be held out directly in front of the competitor, not out to the side. The line between a competitor's shoulders should remain close to perpendicular with the arm holding the stein.
8. The arm holding the stein must remain close to parallel with the ground and should be extended straight with no bending at the elbow.
9. The arm holding the stein must remain separated from the chest of the competitor. The chest may not be used as a shelf to support the arm.
10. The off-hand should remain at the competitor's side or back and may not touch or support the arm holding the stein.
11. Competitors may not contact any other structures, objects, or people during the competition.
12. Competitors must stand within their personal area and may not move more than is necessary to make adjustments ensuring proper form during the competition.
13. If any amount of beer spills or drips off of the stein, the competitor is disqualified.
Central Machine Works is a beautiful east Austin beer hall with a wonderful food/drinks and a massive outdoor area where the games will be held.